Pimp My Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whoa! I gotta show Denise that. :11:

300bar diver:
BTW Dorkdivers in love with other dorks look at this,
Pimp your divingsuit/wedding dress

http://www.keesiedive.nl/huwelijk.htm
It is on a slow server so be patient:popcorn::popcorn:

OOh and it's in Dutch, but never mind pictures tell it all
I think she's prego ... bad enough to be getting married pregnant ... but diving too? Shame, shame.:D

Thalassamania:
I think she's prego ... bad enough to be getting married pregnant ... but diving too? Shame, shame.:D
Sorry Mr.T:lotsalove: she's not prego, that's just her build.:D
I know her personaly and no kids yet:no

BTW her neoprene dress was made by IST

trucker girl:
Wow. I sewed some D rings to my BC last summer. Maybe I'll find some netting or something to sew to it this summer. Nothing like a DIY Dork! I wouldn't think about DIYing anything life-supporting, but a little bling would be alright!

I wonder- what kind of paint would work on a BC? And on a snorkel for that matter? I don't mind hitting Michaels for some supplies... and I won't mind the strange looks I get from my husband when I'm in "creation" mode!

TG - you know me - I'm thinking rhinestones on the BC and snorkel !! How's that for bling?

Interesting Dutch underwater wedding. The double-noose-rope-thing dive flag cake was a nice touch.

I can't help but think of ways to have handled the candles. Dive-light candles wouldn't have been a big step up, but air-fed real candles would've been stupendously cool. :D

300bar diver:
Sorry Mr.T:lotsalove: she's not prego, that's just her build.:D
I know her peronaly and no kids yet:no

BTW her neoprene dress was made by IST
Looked like a good party. I officiated (Universal Life Church just for the occasion) at an underwater wedding years ago in Monterey, the non-divers went out in glass bottom boat. It was fun, but the bride wore black!

If you want to pimp your BCD, I think T-shirt paint would probably work. I used some at summer camp more years ago than I care to remember. I recall that we outlined the images on our shirts with a stringy, plasticy paint. Would work well for outline images and would probably hold up to diving as my shirt went through the wash numerous times.

For snorkles and masks, I would reccomend RC car paint from a local hobby shop if you have a flexible snorkel. If you have a rigid snorkle, then standard enamel paint should work, again available at any hobby store.

For tanks, I would reccomend a standard enamel spray over primer. A light brush with some steel wool would be a good idea to rough up the area you want to paint.

Love the wedding video! Very cool!
As far as pimping gear... I always wanted to paint Left and Right on my jetfins.

Back
Top Bottom