Pin point buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree there is way too much emphasis on loop volume. Its just another air space and one I can pretty easily manage. I dump CL from my nose on my kiss and from the exhale CL on my Meg by rolling to the right just like on a drysuit.

The air space I have a hard time managing is my wing, its easy for me to over or under add/dump from my wing. On OC I would then makeup the excess wing change with breath control. Obviously I can't do that on CCR. So I tend to use my wing for the bulk of my buoyancy control but not even try to fine tune with that. Then I try to get my CL volume close enough to feel nice - whatever is breathing nice I am happy with. At the same time, get the set point settled. Once all that is done I fine tune my buoyancy with the suit or if the CL is a little full I dump from that and add back to the suit.

It usually take me a minute but I can be flat trim, stable, and neutral in 2m now with no issues - except perhaps that I tend to use more suit gas than average. That just takes repetition IMO.

@rjack321 why don't you dump from your nose on the Meg?
Just not my habit mostly because
If I roll right to just the correct angle I end up with min-ish loop volume with the TOS CLs (which mount the dump fairly high)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom