Place for Scary movie producton (RUS)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you can see in the video from 8:30 - there is also thin layers of particles, that hang over main mud layer.
I think there is not a salt (as NaCl), but different concentration of phospor ore solute.
We tested probes from different levels (you can see blue bottles on my belt) - they have same pH - around 4.

Mud - it looks like small and tiny particles of clay.
But also on the "grass" (in real it is Fontinalis moss) you can see on photo above, there is something like lime scale, yellow and black colored. I think some of particles is such kind of lime scale, hanging in the water.

Fontinalis
h-2567.jpg

h-2560.jpg

same, but covered by lime scale
h-2565.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting...this riminds me of the descriptions of lakes acidified by acid rains: the water is crystal clear and nothing grows except moss. You can test for the presence of phosphate in water by adding a drop of silver nitrate solution, AgNO3, and bright yellow silver phosphate Ag3PO4 should precipitate. But you need to add some baking soda first, to neutralize the acid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom