Places to eat in San Pedro, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know this isn't super related to diving, but my family and I are going to San Pedro, Belize to go diving and we are wondering of restaurant suggestions. Where to go/where not to go. Thanks!

You can try checking out Fodor's and/or Frommers for great reviews of restaurants on Ambergris Caye. We had such a scrumptious meal at Elvi's Kitchen in San Pedro back in 2006, we had to go again that week with an equally delicious meal for a whopping $6 US each, $8 for a full course seafood meal with dessert. There was a huge variety of cuisines on Ambergris Caye, and there were no all-inclusives back then, and the food, beer and liquor was cheap. We haven't been back but I see the prices have gone up considerably.

The Cayes and Atolls Travel Guide - Expert Picks for your Cayes and Atolls Vacation

Belize Travel Guide | Frommer's
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/belize
BTW, the healthiest, most colourful reef to dive with tonnes of life was at Turneffe, by the elbow; Glovers; and around Lighthouse, like Half Moon Caye and the Aquarium.

Ambergris Caye did not have very healthy reef or much life, even back then, and we went as far south as possible each day, preferably at least to the marine park and we spent the extra to go to the atolls mentioned above. They are very far from Ambergris, but are worth it in the end for what you will experience. Turneffe was uninhabited then, and with more traffic and construction, I have heard that it's not what it used to be, but it's still very good.

It's been a few years, but our best meal was at Waraguma. No prices on the menu, so I assume that there is a "local" price and a "tourist" price.

OH boy the memories! There was this chicken and rice truck near our hotel that I ate lunch at everyday! ...yum!

Waraguma...lobster tacos...do it.
(prices were on the menu last time I was there in June)

Elvi's Is actually really damn good! Great Breakfast,. Great Ribs when they have Barbecue Nights and the people are real cool who work there. I think I eat at least once a day there when I am in Belize. The reef is in great shape there.. went three times last year. My favorite spots are more toward the southern part of the reef.

Caramba!

“We ate here four times during our two week stay Oct 24- Nov 7. I wish we would have tried it sooner, reasonable prices.”
x.gif
Reviewed November 6, 2015
Watch an Amigos Del Mar dive video while you eat your meal and listen to some oldies but goodies music. The prices are listed in Belize so don't let that scare you, knowing you cut the price in half for U.S. price, makes it more mid-range/reasonably priced. I can recommend the Chicken Nachos, Fish Tacos, Chicken or Fish Quesadillas. The fruit smoothies (banana, pineapple, etc.) were a reasonable and refreshing option, you can even ask for one to go. Oscar was usually our waiter and remembered us, he was great! You can sit inside with air-conditioning or outside of the bar area by the street.

• Visited November 2015

Back
Top Bottom