planning 2nd dive on perdix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lermontov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
can anyone tell me if the planner takes into consideration residual tissue loadings from a first dive if the calcs are done shortly after leaving water

I would say most, if not all, computers will take into account the "real time" residual nitrogen loading when in the planning mode. I honestly have not worked much with Shearwater's planning mode, but cannot recall entering a given surface interval to get the plan for that particular depth & or a given surface interval. It tracks nitrogen loading in real time.

I've not played with it much, but going from memory I'm fairly certain there's a surface interval option in the planning mode. You can enter a range from now, to x Hours in the future.

I've not played with it much, but going from memory I'm fairly certain there's a surface interval option in the planning mode. You can enter a range from now, to x Hours in the future.
its not on there at present but SI has been over 24 hours so maybe its a non entry at this point -however logic would tell me that if that was an option it would be automatically calculated at the time so there would be not need for that to entered anyway

A dive planner that doesn't take residual gasses into account would be pretty much useless. And most un-Shearwater-ish.
If you are planning a 2nd dive using the Perdix, it does ask when the 2nd dive will start - immediately, 30 minutes, 60 minutes?, etc., - so it does include the SI and calculate the subsequent dive plan including predicted residual gasses.

From Page 52 of the Perdix Operating Instruction Manual:
"Note: Residual tissue loading (and CNS%) from recent dives will be used in calculating the profile."

I'm assuming we're talking about Rec Nitrox Mode here, with the NDL Planner ?? Or ??
Good point - that is what I was speaking about.

thanks fro all your input -just had a email form shearwater stating the dive planner will take into account residual loadings

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom