Planning a trip to FL to move

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tddfleming

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning a trip to FL for July with my 14 yr old daughter. Our goal is to start in WPB and work our way north. While there we will be looking around for places to rent (apt), schools, dive shops and try to get in a shore dive or two. Maybe head to Miami for a day to look around. But the main goal is to look at some schools we have picked out and places to live. But I would love to hear from anyone on what dive shops to stop in at and visit and any shore dives. If anyone is looking for a dive buddy or two to BHB we could help with that.:wink: We would love to find someone that understands the tides and willing to show us around and point things out. Also, if anyone knows of any dive shops that visits the bridge and we might be able to get with them that would work also.

Also, if anyone has any insight on schools that info would be helpful. We are considering anywhere from Orevido (sp) to WPB but have yet to make our minds up, as there will be many factors that will determine that for us. From WPB we will work our way north and make our way to one of the springs before heading home to VA. We have been to Devils Den once before, so if anyone has any suggestion on a must visit spring, pipe in. Again, we will be looking for dive buddies a long the way, no pressure. :D

Desi

Maybe Ginnie Springs[lots to do there] Troy is a nice OW dive as well. Possibly Orange Grove in Peacock Springs SP.

Let us know when in July you think you will be around for the BHB dive.

Oviedo

WPB to Oviedo is a huge swath...especially when in Florida it's easy to go from nice area to less nice area in only a few miles on an interstate. Lots of great diving, though!

Lots of good places to live, work and go to school, and most of it is close to world class diving. If you can figure out your schedule, we can help you find the best dive operations near where you plan to hunker down for the night.

Thanks to everyone, yes, there is a lot of land to cover, but only really looking at a few counties. Seminole, Brevard, Palm Beach, and Broward. More than likely, we will end up more to the north. Working on schedule now, and trying to pin things down.

---------- Post added ----------

Lauderdale By The Sea is great shore dive.

Here's a link of our recent trip: Lauderdale By The Sea.mp4 - YouTube

Check out what we ran into at about the 4 minute mark in this video I made.

Nice video, thanks for the info.

---------- Post added ----------

Let us know when in July you think you will be around for the BHB dive.

From what I have seen and read, it appears there are groups that go to the BHB on a reg. basis?? Nailing things down, between summer camps, family and work, when I decide it will be just a few days before I go. The whole summer looks to be these real planned out events:confused:

As in I just called my grandmother yesterday to let her know I was leaving today to visit her in Ohio. Thankfully she really loves me and is happy to have me there.

We selected Jensen Beach/Port St Lucie to live as retirees a few years ago. In retrospect we are a little sorry that we did not buy nearer BHB as we dive there regularly. I suggest adding Martin County to your list especially if schools and diving are both important to you.

I have done 19 years of hard time in Palm Beach County Schools as both a teacher and now a school counselor. I can tell you anything you need to know about schools here. Force E will serve you well for the BHB and is located a stone's throw from the shop. They are great people. If you want some adventure, come dive Jupiter. Both Jupiter Dive Center and Scuba Works are great shops. I happen to divemaster on Blue Tang through Scuba Works. If you want to dive, just let me know and we can talk schools, etc on the surface interval.

....it appears there are groups that go to the BHB on a reg. basis?? .

LOL !! Well there's usually only one high tide for a bit over an hour each day. Some say its a well coordinated group dive, others say its the same water with 200 of your closest dive buddies. Pre-planned? Chance meeting? Stalking? take your pick, but you can usually find someone you know there, LOL!!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom