Planning Sidemount Training Trip to Mexico (ProTech)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why don’t you check out this guy? He sometimes teaches in Tulum. If you can arrange a course with him, you won’t find a better Sidemount and Cave instructor in one person.

Why don’t you check out this guy? He sometimes teaches in Tulum. If you can arrange a course with him, you won’t find a better Sidemount and Cave instructor in one person.

Interesting. Looks like he is UK based, but gets around quite a bit. I assume you certified with him (RAID?) for SM and Cave?

Interesting. Looks like he is UK based, but gets around quite a bit. I assume you certified with him (RAID?) for SM and Cave?
Yes, I travelled with him all the way from PADI Distinctive SM to RAID Level 2 (Full) Cave. I have made other courses with other distinguished instructors. Garry shines among all.

Thanks again for all the input. I've decided to go with Protech, partially because they are familiar with the Xdeep gear I want to use, and because they offer onsite accommodations. From a technical standpoint I think all the suggested companies have been sound. Now I just have to commit to buying a new set of regs for the trip...

Protec Tulum just recently opened up their own diver's lodge which gives you a very convenient place to hang out with other divers during your surface interval. Tulum is somewhat quieter than PLaya and laid back. That being said I love Mom's hotel. I stayed there night before last just for old times sake. Both locations are first rate but the caves are in Tulum, and Don Cafettos has good steaks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom