Playa del carmen dive operators??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I will be taking a group of 5 to Playa Del Carmen in July. Which operation is the best (safety/pricing)? Thanks.
Jo

Just dove 2 tanks in the cenotes with Tank Ha this morning. Big thumbs up!!!

We were suppose to dive on Cozumel but the seas were too high.

Scheduled for Cozumel on Wednesday. Will update then.

Coach

Yes, I've heard good things about Tank-Ha. I sent them an e-mail for a price quote on our group dives, but haven't heard anything from them. Tell them to check their e-mails. :wink: Thanks for the info and I'll be interested to hear what else you have to say about them.
Jo

I will recommend you Yucatek divers, and Casa de Gopala hotel. They are located right in town, close to everything. They do local diving, cenotes and daily trips to Cozumel. I know the owner I can probably get you a good deal. I would need more details, dates, lenght of the trip, days of local diving, dives in Cozumel and cenotes.

Tank ha, dove with them last year, high class operation with small boats for the Ocean, great reputation for the Cenotes....Cenotes reminder! Get there EARLY!

I was looking into this for my trip. Diablo was mentioned often and favorably, Tank-ha right behind them.

Don Wray:
Scuba Mex is located there...dove with them once and they were great. They have a website with their prices on it. I think it's www.scubamex.com.

Actually, ScubaMex is in Paamul, which is further south. You're right that they're great guys, though, and they run a good operation.

A couple of years ago I dove with the folks at The Abyss in Playa. Good experience. I would recommend them!

Back
Top Bottom