Playa del Coco (mid-August 2019)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Yippy,
Diving in the summer is fine. The rain doesn't effect the vis. I have dove from Playa Del Coco around 15 trips winter & Summer. La Puerta del Sol is a nice small hotel and is 5 min from everything. Super Clean and not expensive. I dive with Rich Coast Diving. They can set you up with a Hotel /Dive package. Bat island has both Bull Sharks and a Manta Cleaning Station. They will want to see your skills on a local dive before they take you. It can be an advanced dive with some crazy surge & currents. Town is small but a fun safe place it eat and drink. Up the road to the right of the hotel is another group of restaurants & a supermarket. I walk everywhere. Taxis are 3 US dollars to restaurants outside of town. Have a Great Time!! Brenda(owner) from Rich Coast Diving can answer any Questions you have.
@Steve the Baker thank you very much for the recommendations! I will check out the hotel you recommended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom