PlayaCar Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone,

ODDiver and I are going to PlayaCar the middle of April. We are going with a nondiving couple. We need to know what the best dive operations are in the area. We are staying at the Iberostar Paraiso. Also do you know if any operations have sites that nondivers can snorkel while we dive?

Also any other must do's and don'ts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Laine

I dove with these folks when I stayed at that hotel one month after it opened. The dive shop is right on the beach at the hotel and the boat leaves from there too. There are dives at 9:00 ..11:00.. and 2:00 You will love the hotel and the diving.

Will this be your frist time to Mexico? If so I know you will love it my wife and I did, we want to go back again some day. When we were there I was not into scuba diving yet. So as for a good spot for scuba diving I don't know. If I remember right there is a big island just off the east cost of Mexico called Cozumel. The island is South of Cancun and about in line with Play del Carmen. I heard scuba diving was good there and as for your non diving friends they also offer submarine rides. It costs a good dollar though. Also you may want to check out a place called Xel-Ha. It is like a big in let from the ocean. A tourist spot so it is kind of crowded. But as I said its big so the crowd is not that bad. It is a place where you can go to snorkel something you can do with your friends. There is alot of marine life. All kinds of cool fish, turtles, rays and even dolphins how ever to keep the stress down on the dolphins only so many are alowed in with them per day. I got to see them but not swim with them.:( They have everything you need there even life jackets. To give you a small idea as to how big it is we swam for 2 and a half hours and only seen a small portion of it. Any way I hope this helped. I hope you have a good trip, if you enjoy it half as much as we did then I know you will have great time. One last thing Can I come too :) have FUN!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom