Please enlighten me :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brendon

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of a dive computer that will run 5 transmitters? If so, do you know what the wireless range is on that particular model?

Thx

Last edited:
Question is,.. why do you want one that reads 5 transmitters?:idk: If it is to watch the air of the other divers,... then I'm sorry,... they need to go back through Open Water again. As a certified OW diver, each diver should be able to execute their own dives (including gas management) . Each & every diver should beable to monitor, read &, if needed, communicate their air supply to another diver. There is nothing wrong with being concerned about other diver's (especially family), but it could be setting up a dangerous dependence for 1 diver to monitor everyone's air supply.:no:

But then,.. perhaps I am asssuming incorrectly. I see that you are a well seasoned diver, & am not trying to flame you in any way,... just pointing out.... If I am incorrect, please accept my humble apology.:blinking:

OTOH if you are wanting to put the transmitters on seperate cylinders to be used by you.,.... I think that the most I've seen is a computer ( a couple oceanics) that will 2 or maybe 3 transmitters at the most. The usual maximum range is usually only about 10ft.

I see where your going with that Tstormdiver... That however is not the case in either scenario. It is for a hookah setup without compressor, just tanks. I really don't need 5 as I do not need 1 for myself, though 4 would be very useful. So that I can monitor tank pressure of the other divers on hookah without looking at the pressure gauge at the surface. Depth is 20-30 bottom time is 30min. Given that profile I doubt I would even need to look at the pressure to conduct the dive however if I could keep tabs on the air supply at depth it would be nice. This is a special needs scenario so I'm trying to be creative bare with me. Any transmitters working in the 50' range??

Ah,... I see:blinking:,... my apologies.... I've just seen too many that use the multiple transmitters as an excuse for others to not to monitor their own air supply. Instead of correcting a problem, they cover it up:shakehead:.

Sounds like your plans are very noble ones for sure. Like I said, the only multiple transmitter computers I'm aware of only do 2 or maybe 3 transmitters total & only have a buddy distance range that is ratehr short.

I think Cochran Undersea Technology had a unit some years back I don't know about now.

Back
Top Bottom