Please help me find a dive computer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasaint:
Thanks for all of your input. Another computer I was looking at was the Aeris' MANTA Dive Computer. It looks to have many features I would be interested in. Does anyone have any experience with this one?

The Aeris Manta is essentially the same as the Oceanic Geo. You can't go wrong with either of these.

I won't go into which computer to buy, but I will say the things that matterred to me the most when purchasing (not in any particular order):

* How conservative is the nitrogen loading algorithm
* Can the computer be set to be more conservative for cold water or stressful dives
* Is the display clear, the charts
* Are there audio alarms, and can they be shut off
* Are there user replacable batteries
* Can the data be downloaded
* Is the screen back-lit
* Are the screens easy to navigate

Believe it or not, you can answer yes to all of these (except for the first question, of course) with a computer under $300.

I 100% agree with Nudgeroni. Rather than brand, I looked at what I wanted before buying. I finally chose a Mares M2, but several other brands have pretty much the same options.

Shop around for the options you are interested in at the price you want to spend and choose a reputable brand (many were cited here).

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom