Please help me plan my Fiji vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlowSBC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all, last year you guys and girls did an excellent job guiding my wife and I on a trip to the Philippines. We are planning to head to Fiji (unless members here say otherwise - I have not booked anything yet so if there is something better, please let me know) and are looking to dive 90% of the time we are there. We will do some land tours I am sure but we can figure that out when we are there. I am mainly looking for shark dives but would also like to see good coral and macro dives too. We will be spending roughly 3 weeks there so traveling to different places would be nice. From my research it seems Pacific Harbour is the place to be for shark dives. Where else is good to visit? I'd like to break this trip down like you guys did for me last year. It was a HUGE help for sure so I am relying on you guys again.

This trip will start late November and end mid December this year.

Thanks everyone for all your help!! I really really appreciate it a bunch.

---------- Post added September 12th, 2015 at 11:31 AM ----------

So it seems the hot spots, at least by internet search, are Pacific Harbour, Rakiraki, Kadavu Island and Taveuni Island. Do this seem correct? If so, how does each rate compared to the other as far as diving? I can stay 4 weeks if it seems all 4 of these areas are must sees/dive areas.

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
If you are travelling to Fiji, I can advise you to consider a liveaboard trip that will take you to most interesting dive sites in the area plus you don't have to spend much time on exhausting travelling (read: getting to the dive sites) as you are on board of a comfortable boat. Namely, Fiji Siren. They offer 7-days and 10-days safaris, both include diving at Rakiraki and Taveuni Island. You can learn more about these trips here: Beyond The Bligh (7 nights) & Beyond The Bligh (10 nights)

For famous shark diving instead of Pacific Harbour you can consider diving from Beqa island, please check Beqa Lagoon Resort; and for diving in Kadavu Island please check Dive Kadavu

These are dive centers/resorts located on the islands in question where you can dive at the dive sites you want to visit

If you'd like to dive with Beqa Lagoon Resort please send an email to info@beqalagoonresort and we'll send an offer back.

Thanks for the reply. My wife and I already returned from our trip. We ended up staying for 4 weeks. We spent time at Pacific Harbour diving with BAD and did 12 shark dives with them and 8 reef dives. We left Pacific Harbour and headed north to Volivoli for around 10 days. From there we went to Taveuni and stayed with Taveuni Dive Resort. It was a very nice stay. If I was to do it again I would probably skip Volivoli and head straight to Taveuni.

We dived with several people who dived with Beqa Lagoon Resort and they had great things to say about you guys.

Again thanks for the information but it comes a little too late :(

Thanks for the reply. My wife and I already returned from our trip. We ended up staying for 4 weeks. We spent time at Pacific Harbour diving with BAD and did 12 shark dives with them and 8 reef dives. We left Pacific Harbour and headed north to Volivoli for around 10 days. From there we went to Taveuni and stayed with Taveuni Dive Resort. It was a very nice stay. If I was to do it again I would probably skip Volivoli and head straight to Taveuni.

We dived with several people who dived with Beqa Lagoon Resort and they had great things to say about you guys.

Again thanks for the information but it comes a little too late :(

Not a problem at all - I thought i can help :) - seems you had a great Fiji experience and some wonderful sharks dives - I am sure you enjoyed every second :)

We spent time at Pacific Harbour diving with BAD and did 12 shark dives with them

You did the shark dive 12 times! I didn't know anybody did it more than one time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom