Please offer your creative ideas for purposely sunken SCUBA diving items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about a checkers board or backgammon board (larger scale); either use old weightlifting weights or conrete weighted tires for pieces. Could be made heavy enough to require lift bags to play. Try to make the size of board and pieces to fit on an existing training platform.

what about a small town! lets say four or five buildings of varying size and shape. would make for an interesting ghost town (underwater)!

There's a small plane sunk in the river in the Sault, and it's quite a popular dive spot here. My instructor periodically brings little things down to the plane with him to secure and leave to make it a bit more interesting for repeat dives.

Some things down there now are a concrete garden fountain, garden gnomes, a silver tea set.

There are also some wood pilings at the exit point, in about 15', and he has secured a mask and snorkel to them.

These little things keep interest alive in this dive spot. It's fun to go and see if we can find what he has added!

My local quarry, Stoney Cove, has LOADS of stuff, including a Helicopter, Cessna Plane, Armoured Personnel Carrier, Replica Nautilus Sub, a Tug Boat, and lots more!

Interactive map of the quarry here:

http://www.stoneycove.com/beneath.htm

There's a reason why it's called the best inland diving in the UK :D I did my OW and Dry Suit training there in the Shallowest section and even there, there was the sub and APC to see!

Stoney cove in the UK has a Helicoptor, bus, Tank, submarine....but the water temp never goes over 18c...

just seen the above post...LOL awesome site.

only live an hour or so from stoney but its to cold for me and my 3mm.

mexicandiver9:
what about a small town! lets say four or five buildings of varying size and shape. would make for an interesting ghost town (underwater)!

I was told that Vortex Springs was planning a small town a few years ago in a 'pond' that was adjacent to the spring. It turned into a mud hole and was never finished. THey they planned a cave simulated training center (I think sunken tubes to do cave training in ). That never got done either though. But I agree an underwater town would be cool.

i say, sink an exact replica of a nuclear reactor with a breached core, complete with "Deadly Radation" signs and "if you can read this you're dead" signs. a couple of "corpses" in radiation suits would be nice too

and have fun talking to people when they scramble out of the water panting

how about a bus full of lawyers? :D

hey I got post 50 :multi:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom