Please support my research - take a poll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gr8jab

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone!

Please support my apparel related research. I need lots of data. Please note this is not product related market garbage, but rather just an altruistic examination of a human condition with hopes to benefit all of society.

https://poll.fbapp.io/loose-shoelace-research

Bump bump....

I need a few more respondents please.

Strangely enough, even though left-handed people are about 10% of the world population, 40% of my respondents are left-handed. I wonder if there is a correlation between handedness and willingness to participate in meaningless online polls...

the problem is having to go thru facebook....

I have no idea what the last question means, so I cancelled my response.
You might try describing the alternatives as a square knot or a granny knot.

I have no idea what the last question means, so I cancelled my response.
You might try describing the alternatives as a square knot or a granny knot.

Yea, I think that might be a problem no matter what. I know what a square knot is (without a bow), but not really sure how that works with shoelaces. And a granny knot??

Maybe it's a regional thing, like 'pop' vs 'soda'...

But thanks for trying!!

Yea, I think that might be a problem no matter what. I know what a square knot is (without a bow), but not really sure how that works with shoelaces. And a granny knot??

Maybe it's a regional thing, like 'pop' vs 'soda'...

But thanks for trying!!
I don't know if you are trolling or not, but assuming you aren't, the square knot is what you are trying to tie with your shoelaces. You can look at a shoe and see if it is a square know, because the bows/loops go sideways. If you tied a granny knot, then the loops go up and down. The granny knot will likely slip. that is probably more important than whether someone is left-handed or right-handed.

See Ian's Shoelace Site - Granny Knotting Celebrities.

I would have submitted the poll, but in an attempt to keep my narcissistic tendencies under control I do not Facebook, missed iamrushmans comment above

I thought there was only one way to tie laces--and I'm 62.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom