Plumber/Gas Tech interested in becoming Underwater Welder--looking for advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am a 4th year plumbing Apprentice in New Hampshire – a year away from obtaining my journeyman plumbing license. I currently hold a NH Gas Equipment Installation License as well. I am interested in becoming a commercial diver and, more specifically, an underwater welder. I was curious if my current background and experience would aid me towards this career change. Would it be beneficial to finish my plumbing license before pursuing a career in commercial diving? What are the steps/certifications that I should take to give myself the best advantages possible in being successful in my endeavors? Any and all advice is appreciated.
d aid me towards this career change. Would it be beneficial to finish my plumbing license before pursuing a career in commercial diving? What are the steps/certifications that I should take to give myself the best advantages possible in being successful in my endeavors? Any and all advice is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom