Pocket weight belts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SomeGuy509

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anybody know any appreciable differences between the XS Scuba and Pinnacle pocket weight belts?

XS Scuba Weight Belt

Pinnacle Comfo Weight Belt

I'm thinking since the XS pockets are a bit smaller that there will be less tendency for weight to shift?

Also looks like it may be easier to move pockets around on the XS?

I'm currently building up a backplate wing setup. I dive in and 8/7mm most of the time and based on the awesome buoyancy calculator it looks like I need about 15lbs of weight.

If you are going with a weight belt take a look at a rubber free diving belt they work good with a thick wetsuit. The nylon belts get loose when a thick wetsuit compresses. Mako makes a good one you could add some pouches to it or just use hard weights.

I really like the rubber ones, they seem pretty cool. I was looking to economize a bit though since all my weights are soft weights.

So far I haven't had any issues with wetsuit compression, but I've been setting them up almost uncomfortably tight on the surface to avoid it.

That is a good idea though just adding some pockets...

Does anybody know any appreciable differences between the XS Scuba and Pinnacle pocket weight belts?

XS Scuba Weight Belt

Pinnacle Comfo Weight Belt

I'm thinking since the XS pockets are a bit smaller that there will be less tendency for weight to shift?

Also looks like it may be easier to move pockets around on the XS?

I'm currently building up a backplate wing setup. I dive in and 8/7mm most of the time and based on the awesome buoyancy calculator it looks like I need about 15lbs of weight.
I use soft weights in pocket belts. They are much more comfortable than solid weights.

I hadn’t seen one where the pockets were not attached before your post.

I have a very old belt I usually use and a couple of new ones. They have different number of pockets and are different sizes. So the belt with 5 pockets is no good for very thin or small people.

So, my claim is that you do not need to move the pockets. You just choose which pocket should have lead in it. Indeed, one of the advantages is not having to stop the lead moving about by using triglides.

Another advantage is being able to sit on a platform and add and remove lead doing a proper weight and trim check. It is fiddly getting it in and out of the pockets but possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom