Pockets for my wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been diving dry exclusively for a few years now, and have been totally spoiled by having thigh pockets. I dove my wetsuit recently and really missed having them. What are some good options for adding pockets to my suits. Are glue on's the way to go, or would a pair of strap on pockets be better, as I have two wetsuits?

Thanks,
Jim

I have seen both the glue on variety...and there is/used to be something called X-shorts or something that was like a pair of shorts that had thigh pockets that you wore over your wetsuit. don't know if they make them or not anymore....if they don't then it is either glue on pockets...i don't know too much about the strap on pockets..

I have been diving dry exclusively for a few years now, and have been totally spoiled by having thigh pockets. I dove my wetsuit recently and really missed having them. What are some good options for adding pockets to my suits. Are glue on's the way to go, or would a pair of strap on pockets be better, as I have two wetsuits?

Thanks,
Jim

The nice ladies at Terrapin Custom Wetsuits sewed thigh pockets on two of my wetsuits and I've been very, very pleased. I sent them pictures of my drysuit pocket locations and they matched it on my wetsuits perfectly.

Welcome to Terrapin Wet Suits

I have seen both the glue on variety...and there is/used to be something called X-shorts or something that was like a pair of shorts that had thigh pockets that you wore over your wetsuit. don't know if they make them or not anymore....if they don't then it is either glue on pockets...i don't know too much about the strap on pockets..

+ 1 for x shorts, I like mine. They are easy to slip over any wetsuit so you don't need multiple sets of pockets.X Shorts - Dive Xtras. Bring a vest/wetsuit/xshorts for versatility.

In really warm water it's quite comfortable to just wear a vest & x-shorts.

I think a few other companies make a similar product. Google "neoprene scuba shorts"

Thanks everyone, I am going to look into some X shorts, as I am heading to Roatan this winter and want to be able to stash all my goodies in my pockets just like I do up here in the lakes.

Jim

You can buy the original X-shorts from Dive X-tras on eBay. XS Scuba also markets a similar product from Highland, but I don't know who carries it or how much they run.

Pirhana Dive Mfg. is selling "Tech shorts" as an alternative to X -shorts.

Here's something to consider. [-]Doesn't look like they are available for sale yet[/-].

Do a search for "Diver's Holsters"

Holsters

upload_0000KE.jpg

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom