POD DIVER RADIO at 10 years.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pod Diver Radio

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The POD DIVER RADIO Podcast has been online for 10 years. Pod Diver Radio is the scuba podcast for hardcore divers. For old fans and new, it is an audio discussion of serious scuba topics for serious scuba divers. We have interviewed experts in hyperbaric science, diving physiology, marine research, exploration, diver education and dive travel. We have done equipment reviews of Rebreathers, DPVs, lighting, open circuit and sidemount. As our show open says' Attention Wreck Divers, Tech Divers, Cave Divers and Free Divers" this is info for you.
Since our relaunch and reformat at DEMA 2014, we are now getting over 24,000 per month in 14 countries. We are working with an app developer to create iPad and Android Apps. We have an aggressive social media campaign that is spreading the word. Future projects include: Projecto Azores, a multimedia project in conjunction with Azores Tourism. We are also going to be promoting and assisting Brett Hemphill and Karst Underwater Research in there future projects.

We are looking for your input to make it better. We are also looking to report on more dive expeditions. If you are you exploring diving new shipwrecks or laying new cave line, let us know. We will come down and join you for a dive and report on it. If the story has "legs" we can also produce a video and magazine article. Send me an email or better yet follow me on Twitter and send me you suggestions. https://twitter.com/JoeCocozza

To keep the podcast going we also need your support.

One way for you to do that is to consider our sponsors. From day-1 of the podcast DIVE RITE has supported Pod Diver Radio. I personally want to thank Lamar and Jared Hires. I have been using DIVE RITE gear since 1989, so my endorsement of the company is based on my personal dive experience and the equipment that I been diving with for 25 years.

To produce a diving podcast, requires not just gear but audio/video gear, computers and monthly server costs. These costs are offset by PayPal donations. We will be launching a Kick Starter campaign to fund the app development and video training series. All these links can be found on our website at www.poddiver.org

But the most important way you can support Pod Diver Radio is to tell your dive buddies and have them download and subscribe. The info is free and my contribution to the sport that we all love.
They can subscribe via iTunes at www.poddiver.audio
For Direct Download of back catalog POD DIVER RADIO: The Scubacast
You can also download to your Android using POD DIVER RADIO: The Scuba-cast | Pocket Casts
Or your are old-skool you can get email notifications of new episodes by clicking on https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/m...DiverRadio2015

I look forward to more diving and reporting. And I also look forward to your feedback.

R/
Joseph Cocozza

Joseph,
I must confess I have heard about your radio show but I have never had the pleasure of tuning in.

As one who has been around for a while (and hope to be around a little longer) I would question why you and your staff are not documenting the passing Parade of the divers who were in the genesis of the sport and are now in the sunset of their years???.

All too soon they will disappear like the buffalo from the plains.

SDM

Sam... I am glad that you finally tuned in. BTW, I have interviewed some of the older legends of diving including. Including Bill Main, Hal Watts and Dr. Richard Vann. Since the back episodes will be up forever, interviewed divers from 2005 will be the legends in 2025. However, as far as "staff" goes.....Thanks for the complement, but is mostly it has been just me (with some voice over help from daughter) Also I have to thank my gf Amanda as she updates the Pod Diver website for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom