Point and shoot options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just chatting with the usual China dealer suspects and have an offer for a LX100 (M1) with a Nauticam housing at roughly 1000USD. Was thinking of adding a flash and an UWL-H100

How does this sound?

If you can get it at that price seems a reasonable option, can do 57 x 43mm size frame at max magnification, it's got a 43 sensor which is good - you'll have basically the same issues you did with your RX100, though it can do reasonably small subjects for macro alone. Get a vacuum valve for the housing it is well worth it.

how about wide angle lens, is there a descent option w/o vignetting?

Shifted my focus again to the RX100VA now - just wondering has anyone tried this camera with UWL-400F

If yes, any feedback? Vignetting? Ability to Zoom?

Thnx

The Inon D-2000/D-200 and S-2000 (GN20 and 100X100 degree angle or 105X95 for the S) are sufficiently strong for CFWA. The YS strobes on paper have more power, GN32, but that is only over an 80X80 field that shows a lot of gradation. To match the Inon D/S-2000 strobes wider and more even dispersion a diffuser has to be installed which gets to the 100X100 degree field but drops the GN to 24. Which is what the older Z240 was or is though now discontinued. The Z-330 is a GN33 over 100X100 degrees, it is a strong strobe. I have a pair of D-2000 strobes and do shoot CFWA. Yes, more power is useful but so is a wide and even field of light. I would take an Inon D or S-2000 with their wide and very even lighting over the YS with the 80 degree field. Bump the ISO from 100 to 200 and the GN20 of the Inon strobes vs an actual working GN24 for the YS and the difference is gone. But I am an Inon fanboy. Because they work. But my original Nikonos used flashbulbs and only sometimes worked but they would blind every fish on a reef and divers too when they did. So I am easy to please. And to be clear, the S-2000 is essentially equal to the D-2000 and new release D-200 both in power and coverage.

YSD2J:

• Guide Number - 32
    • GN - 24 (with Diffuser 100 attached)
    • GN - 20 (with Diffuser 120 attached)
  • Beam Angle - 80° x 80°
    • 100° x 100° with Diffuser 100
    • 120° x 120° with Diffuser 120

Inon S-2000:

Guide Number (*2) 20 [without a diffuser]
17 [with supplied -0.5 White Diffuser]

Beam Angle 105°(horizontal) x 95°(vertical) [without a diffuser]
110° x 110°circular beam [with supplied -0.5 white diffuser]