Point Loma...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'll be pulling into Point Loma next month for a couple of days... does anyone know if there is a shop that would pick people up at the Sub Base for a couple of dives?

Dive California is the closest shop. Dive California Maybe you can arrange something with one of their dive masters. Do you have you're own equipment or will you be renting?

Worst case you could call a cab! It's perhaps a 20 minute drive up to Quivera Basin to hook up with the Lois Ann or other boat operators... If you have never been diving in San Diego you should at least check out the Yukon... Point Loma has some nice dives as well.. You could ask the boat operators about getting a ride...

Sean

If it came to it, I could be persuaded to make the 106 mile drive, pherhaps take a quick tour of the boat, then to give you a lift over, do a few dives. But hopefully one of the locals who know the area better will be able to help you out. I have military ID so gettin on the base is not an issue for me.

MWR has a scuba program in San Diego that gives NAUI certification. Maybe they can arrange a dive & transportation. The Dive Coordinators e-mail address is: ibdivers@attglobal.net The phone number at the Sub Base is: (619) 553-0934 MWR's website: San Diego - Aquatics

Back
Top Bottom