Policewoman missing - Paris, France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On my last liveaboard channel islands I completely set up my rig and had the air fully open went to grab something out of my bag and turned around and saw someone closing my air with my bcd on it to fully closed. I stupidly didnt say anything or make a scene but walked back and opened it fully again.
You needed to speak up, immediately. For that person's benefit, and everyone else. Presumably that person was routinely making sure everybody's air was on, but it ought to be done correctly. As you will likely learn, in the tec diving community, you do NOT touch someone else's valves.

You needed to speak up, immediately. For that person's benefit, and everyone else. Presumably that person was routinely making sure everybody's air was on, but it ought to be done correctly. As you will likely learn, in the tec diving community, you do NOT touch someone else's valves.
If you don’t tell him, he will do it again and one day there could be an accident.

At least tell him that the bare minimum is to tell people if you touch their kit.

You don’t have to be confrontational: you can joke, thanks for making sure I don’t use too much air down there with a big grin and while you open it back

Sorry, I'm usually a person who avoids confrontation at (almost) any cost.

But - touch my tank valve without me asking and I'll become BOTH confrontational AND belligerent.

Sorry, I'm usually a person who avoids confrontation at (almost) any cost.

But - touch my tank valve without me asking and I'll become BOTH confrontational AND belligerent.
And I think you should be, people shouldn’t touch your kit to close/open valves and if they do they should absolutely tell you.

Back
Top Bottom