Polish diver dead, lake Dymno.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hiszpan

Contributor
Reaction score
Śmierć w jeziorze koło Koczały. Płetwonurek, który nurkował w jeziorze Dymno w Koczale, nie żyje

From the above article:

- 3 guys came to the lake to do dives
- 1 guy (victim) went to dive alone
- other 2 on the shore noticed after some time that something's not right
- they found him lying on the bottom?
- they took him to surface and started resuscitation, which continued on the shore by the firefighters
- unofficial info is he's living abroad and came to visit family for Christmas, this was probably one of his first dives this time

Tragiczny wypadek nad jeziorem Dymno. 35-latka nie udało się uratować

From the above article:

- the victim was 35 years old
- he went underwater alone while 2 friends waited on the shore
- 2 friends raised the alarm with authorities and the firefighters got the deceased out of the water (n.b. the specialized diving unit was called off before they departed to assist, hence my understanding is the deceased was on the surface and was dragged out of the water by "standard" firefighters)
- ... he most probably did not have any diving certification

Wyniki sekcji i ustalenia w sprawie przyczyn śmierci 35-letniego nurka

Police confirms he has just bought the diving equipment and decided to start diving without any course or certification. Two friends waiting on the shore were supposed to be diving with him too but changed their mind due to low temperature. The deceased was actually "instructing" them how to conduct a dive.

Cause of death: drowning.

Wyniki sekcji i ustalenia w sprawie przyczyn śmierci 35-letniego nurka

Police confirms he has just bought the diving equipment and decided to start diving without any course or certification. Two friends waiting on the shore were supposed to be diving with him too but changed their mind due to low temperature. The deceased was actually "instructing" them how to conduct a dive.

Cause of death: drowning.
Do they mention if the two other friends were certified ?

edit: google translate

https://translate.googleusercontent...700283&usg=ALkJrhh9DVyWHjOk34bsNxXs3JRxY80rYg

Takes some cojones to presume to instruct others when you're not even certified. I wonder how much of the decision by the other two to hang back was due to the water temperature, and how much was the chill of a sudden trickle of good sense.

It implies they haven't as the deceased was instructing them how to dive and behave underwater. It doesn't say it directly though.

p.s. in Poland there is no law requiring you to get certified to go diving. That's from an offshoot discussion taking place on FB after this incident.

It implies they haven't as the deceased was instructing them how to dive and behave underwater. It doesn't say it directly though.

p.s. in Poland there is no law requiring you to get certified to go diving. That's from an offshoot discussion taking place on FB after this incident.
I don’t think there is a country that requires you to be certified to be diving.

Please correct me if I am wrong ?

France?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom