Poll: How you use your Teric (and more) ...

How you use your Teric (and more) ...

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay

Need to dive more!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Please note this poll is not anonymous … to allow cross-tabbing of the responses.

Poll question #9 was truncated slightly. It is: The Teric's cost (ignoring transmitter) represents ~= or < 1/4 of my total current dive equipment’s cost. (i.e. excludes retired, unused dive equipment)

The AI question is to see if there's a difference versus @scubadada's recent poll in that regard.

re the Birdix, this is a (hypothetical / probable ... etc) new rectangular/box like computer from SW. Credit goes to @dmaziuk for that name.

Right now just a single Teric, will upgrade to two, I would consider an upgraded Teric with a GPS. But I wouldn't want it to get much bigger, and I would want it to keep wireless charging.

Right now just a single Teric, will upgrade to two, I would consider an upgraded Teric with a GPS. But I wouldn't want it to get much bigger, and I would want it to keep wireless charging.

I guess SW would keep the Teric's form the relatively same (or slightly thinner) as tech improves, and have a MK2 version in ?years? to come with added hardware goodies. I'm a big fan of wireless too ... probably would have been a good poll question :)

My Terics are for all non-CCR diving (Rec and Tech). I don't know why anyone would use a Teric mostly for Tech unless it is simply because most of their diving is Tech diving. If you're using it for Tech, I would expect you to use it for all your OC diving. I mean, why use it for Tech and not also for all Rec diving?

I do technical dives, but in terms of time or numbers, most of my diving is not technical. I probably do 5 to 10 non-technical dives for every tech dive I do. Thus, I did not check the box for "I mostly use the Teric for Tech dives".

Once I get a NERD2 for my CCR, I will use 1 Teric with CCR as a standalone backup to the Predator and NERD that are attached to my CCR.

My Terics generally stay on Med brightness.

My Terics are for all non-CCR diving (Rec and Tech). I don't know why anyone would use a Teric mostly for Tech unless it is simply because most of their diving is Tech diving. If you're using it for Tech, I would expect you to use it for all your OC diving. I mean, why use it for Tech and not also for all Rec diving?

I do technical dives, but in terms of time or numbers, most of my diving is not technical. I probably do 5 to 10 non-technical dives for every tech dive I do. Thus, I did not check the box for "I mostly use the Teric for Tech dives".

Yeah - I did think twice+ about that q and its wording .... I wanted to see how many Tec orientated divers might have been drawn towards the Teric (versus non-Tec diver). It could be they thought it was a suitable Tec computer or something that fitted both Tec and non-Tec diving. Probably a question combing those conditions would have been better. Earlier there were some discussion if the Teric would be somewhat shunned by Tec divers. I also wanted to avoid the term Rec, and let Tec-Rec/Rec-Tec divers decide where they should fall. That info could be cross-tabbed with the following two questions about if the Teric was an 'interim' computer ... but there's not much cross tabbing necessary at the moment!

So I don't own a Teric - thus didn't feel it prudent to vote.

If I did, and using my personal diving practices as my baseline My answers would be the following

* Used as a watch only on dive trips/vacations

Used on Max brightness

** Use AI

The Teric's cost represents way less that 1/4 of my current dive equipment value - easily less than 1/10th

* Maybe. It means putting it back on after removing a wetsuit, but more likely placed somewhere safe and referred to that way. Certainly not used as a watch in the evening say.

** Don't use AI on my Perdix, as don't want to buy TX - but do use AI on Eon - depending on which set up I'm using - basically depends how much I want to pay for TX - at the moment S/W computers don't push my buttons enough to invest

Thanks the the response DD.

I'm wondering if there's any insight you may have as to why there seems to be so few (no divers yet) who use the Teric for Tec dives. I'm guessing the form factor or waiting for a Birdix.

Thanks the the response DD.

I'm wondering if there's any insight you may have as to why there seems to be so few (no divers yet) who use the Teric for Tec dives. I'm guessing the form factor or waiting for a Birdix.

Do you mean no divers who use a Teric mostly for tech dives?

I don’t know about anyone else, but I do more non-tech dives than I do tech dives, and I use my Terics for all my OC dives, so I would never be able to say I use it for mostly tech dives. Perhaps the poll should have said use it for tech dives, rather than mostly tech dives?

Also, they came out at the end of May. It took me months just to be able to get my first one. I haven’t actually done any tech dives with it yet because by the time I got it winter was already setting in and all I’ve done since then is basically training dives.

Do you mean no divers who use a Teric mostly for tech dives?.
Correct.

Perhaps the poll should have said use it for tech dives, rather than mostly tech dives?
If I did that then I would capture a wider range of divers, like you, as opposed to knowing how many 'harder-core' Tec orientated divers might have been drawn towards the Teric.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom