Poll: What is your favorite way to carry lead when using a BP/W?

What is your favorite way to carry lead when using a BP/W?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i really like the DUI weight harness....makes carrying 30lbs pretty darn easy.
Except when I forget to put it on before the BC which happens in the rare occurrence. I usually run between 18-24 lbs depending on wet or dry since I'm usually in a 7mm or dry suit

Personally use an DUI weight harness with quick release pockets for single tanks on a Diverite transplate + recwing and no additional weight with doubles.

Simple enough! Does the DUI harness fit and function well under the DR harness?

I just picked up the Mako rubber weight belt and a combo of standard lead and the 2lb pinch weights. Seem to be solid, but haven't had them in the water yet...

Simple enough! Does the DUI harness fit and function well under the DR harness?

It does, don't really notice the weight harness at all to be honest. The belt webbing of the BC harness is about 3 inches higher than the I have the belt for the DUI system. Also means I can use a crotch strap without having to try and put a belt on over it. Been diving that setup almost 10 years now.

Just ankle weights in fresh water (more for trim) and a pocket on harness (belt) for salt (tank bands if I need a little more). I can reach and release it all if needed.

Base weight provided by SS BP and an STA

Weight belt is available anywhere that I have been diving!
No need to spend money and then carry it in my check bag!

I like the Halcyon trim weight pockets for both the upper cam band and waist belt. I found their ACB system to be unnecessarily bulky. If I was diving locally with a dry suit I would add the weighted STA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom