Pony bottle set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have fire proof clothes?? I'm surprised that this hasn't turned really nasty already. This subject is asked at least once a month. My advice would be to do a search.

Try both methods, see what feels and works best for you. The first time (or two or three) it will still feel "different" than how you have dove so far, so give each method a chance before you decide. Your local dive center should be more than glad to lend you (yes I said lend, not sell) the hardware you need to try both methods, and then you can buy exactly what you want with no remorse.

I back mount my 19 and sling my 40. a 30 is in between those sizes however I would sling it.

Sling it, I tried to put it on the back but it's bit large and heavy, my back was heavy so I did not feel comfortable. Then I moved it on the side and it's much better.

If you sling it, it will seem to disappear under your arm in short order. You will have instant access to the valve and gauge, and can hand it off if need be.

Back
Top Bottom