• Manifolded doubles

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • single main cylinder with pony bottle

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Single main cylinder with stage bottle

Votes: 18 23.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RockPile:
Easy, chief. That's not entirely true.

Hey, you brought it up. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the fire. Don't start what you can't finish...you know, all those good cliches.... :D

So are your definitions correct or not? Or is it like a middle ground thing? A world-class preacher once said to me "take your pick."

Unfortunately, the word "correct" gets people all bent out of shape and I was hoping that the quotes would help alleviate that somewhat. Apparently, I was wrong. Yes, my definitions are correct, at least in any circle that I've ever been involved with. If I say to another diver "bring a stage," that means something very specific.

Soggy,

You're one righteous dude. I dig that about you. :)

JB

ok what everyone needs to do is look at pictures of a deco bottle a stage bottle and a slung bail out bottle (pony) and you will notice they all look exactly the same. As for O2 content you can fill a bailout bottle with nitrox and not have to call it a deco bottle. In addition you could also fill it with air and deco on it.

however this is not the discussion that i planned for this thread. I was only tryong to find out weather people prefer to use abottle mounted to their main tank as their redundant air source or if they prefer to sling the bottle.

scubawally:
"I was only trying to find out weather (sic) people prefer to use abottle mounted to their main tank as their redundant air source or if they prefer to sling the bottle."

People who exhibit moderate intelligence and a healthy interest in self-preservation will, regardless of whats in the bottle, locate the damned thing where they can

1. Turn it off and on,
2. See it - or at least parts of it (SPG, etc.), and
3. Get at it to unscrew hangups, entanglements, and other predictable issues.

This goes in spades for individuals who consider themselves to be "solo" divers.

If you can do those things with the bottle mounted to your main tank, then more power to you and have at it. If not, see my first sentence. If you cannot do these things with the bottle on your main tank and you locate it there anyway, consider wearing a sign...as well as placing a note in your vehicle directing the recovery divers what you want done with your remains.

Cynically,

Doc

Doc Intrepid:
Cynically,
Are we havin' fun yet, or what??? :)
Rick

I don't see a 4th option: single. no pony, no stage, no deco, no travel.

While y'all are fighting, I have added a slung pony bottle to my aresenal. It is 19cf aluminum and since it is intended as a pony it's air/gas will not be used except in an emergency. N

Dont forget to use that air for training too nemrod! I like to practice personal OOA drills with my pony at the end of my last dive. I'm heading to the surface anyways, might as well get some practice on the drill.

Back
Top Bottom