Pool Scuba System...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcohen1021

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
So this house for sale popped up on my Google feed... What caught my eye was that the article title advertised a "pool that lets you breathe underwater"

From a different article I found:

"Outside, the ten-foot-deep resort-style pool takes center stage with water flowing over a vanishing edge, a diving board, spa, underwater speakers and scuba snorkel system."

So, a few simple online searches for pool scuba systems didn't really produce anything, but I'm still wondering two things...

1. WTH is this "scuba system" they're talking about?

2. underwater speakers? What's the point?

Here's a link to the zillow listing

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/76-Golden-Eagle-Irvine-CA-92603/59725819_zpid/

If I had to guess, I'd think they have a Hookah system built into the pool "Stuff"... and if your going to hang out on the bottom of the pool why not have music! The whole thing is an exercise in excess... lol.

I had considered the fact that it could be a built-in hookah system but what would these speakers sound like? Could you even tell what song was coming out of the speakers? I wouldn't think so, it would probably just sound like "blu blu blu blu blu blu blu blu blah blah" lol

I had considered the fact that it could be a built-in hookah system but what would these speakers sound like? Could you even tell what song was coming out of the speakers? I wouldn't think so, it would probably just sound like "blu blu blu blu blu blu blu blu blah blah" lol
I've put a "waterproof" bluetooth speaker in the pool before.... it wasn't great, but it was recognizably music. It was also a cheap speaker! I'm sure at those levels of ridiculous spending they have much better sound design going on, lol.

I love that zillow went ahead and added that my estimated monthly payment will be $210,000 per month. That is good to know, I was trying to fit it in my budget.

I love that zillow went ahead and added that my estimated monthly payment will be $210,000 per month. That is good to know, I was trying to fit it in my budget.

But to be able to scuba in your pool to music daily between chef prepped meals and drinks, priceless :D

Underwater speakers are a very nice feature. In the past, some artists toured Europe with their underwater concerts, and I still remember the nice experience I and my girlfriend had when the French artist Michel Redolfi toured here in Italy and held a nice concert here in Parma in our local public swimming pool:
For better enjoying the concert I and my girlfriend did use a couple of AROs (CC pure-oxygen rebreathers):
Nowadays I own one underwater loudspeaker, named DILUVIO, which I use for underwater acoustics experiments:
AQ339 Diluvioᵀᴹ Underwater Loudspeaker - Clark Synthesis
I would be very happy to afford a house with a swimming pool, and if I had it, I would definitely want to have a number of underwater loudspeakers in it.

2. underwater speakers? What's the point?
There is spring nearby called Weeki Wachee which has an underwater speaker. I suspect it's there to assist the mermaids with timing for their show, but they play music when divers are in the water. It's surprisingly not bad, as long as you like the music being played.

An in-pool speaker might be interesting if it was connected to the same audio source as the regular speakers on my pool deck.

There is spring nearby called Weeki Wachee which has an underwater speaker. I suspect it's there to assist the mermaids with timing for their show, but they play music when divers are in the water. It's surprisingly not bad, as long as you like the music being played.

An in-pool speaker might be interesting if it was connected to the same audio source as the regular speakers on my pool deck.

When i was much younger in my college days, i visited my buddy @ Texas Tech... I was wasted off my butt, and when the fish in his tank started swimming to the rhythm of "Paradise City" I knew I was going to be in hell for a few hours. I enjoy the silence of scuba minus the breathing and the occasional alert to see something cool. :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom