Poor Gopro 7 quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are little silica packs in just about everything you buy these days. You can use any one of them that fit and they are free. You can ensure that they are ready to absorb the max amount of ambient moister by running them in the microwave for several cycles.
I don’t think they would work - likely too bulky. The GoPro ones fit easily in the older housings - but even they are a tight fit in the newer Supersuit housing!

I can't find them on GoPro's website anymore, but they used to sell moisture absorbers. I did a Google search and it appears as though you can still get them from Amazon. They're really flat and I slide one inside the housing right under the camera. It is a tight fit, but it works. I re-use the same one over and over. So buy a handful and they should last you a long time.
I was just going to say this. I bought a few accessories for my GoPro and they came with these little strips that I couldn't figure out what they were for. I had to google it. anyway, you can get them from amazon.

moisture munchers sells some small ones that might work I am not sure on a gopro housing, but in most compact housings they fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom