Suggestion Pop Ups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
DFC5343

DFC5343

Reaction score
Anyone else get them here in this board? I have pop up blocker from Earthlink and it works everywhere but here. Is this how this board gets the cash? Or is it someone else "hacking" on?

What popups???

Dude...time to clean your computer...this board is totally pop-up free...regardless of weather or not you have a pop-up blocker. Something has affixed itself to your system. Purge time :D

Sounds like you've got some spyware. Try downloading Spybot. Also try turning off messenger services or at least setting messenger service to manual. If you're running W2k or higher, messenger services is found on the admin functions icon on the control panel.

In all probability you've got Gator or one of its "friends" on your machine. Run Kazaa or something like it lately? :D

I've got a very tight filtering system on my home network and PCs - it actually LOGS the pop-up attempts. I've seen none from SB - I'm pretty sure its not coming from here.

No pop-ups from us... I think that we even put that in the TOS. We don't sell info either.

Got get ADAWARE and run it . You picked up some spyware from some site you went to. Install ad aware and run it it will track all your cookies and spy ware.
Then use the remove tools to delete the spy ware from your computer. Then clean your IE temp folder and history. This should get ride of them. You most likely picked up a trojan worm some where.
Fred

Back
Top Bottom