Port question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpomerantz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi. I have a Canon 7d and currently use the 6' dome with a Canon 10-22 w/a zoom. I am looking at a used 8" dome and the port body he has is the 5510.16 using it with a Sigma 10-22. I see you call for the 5510.22 port but the lens dimensions seem the same. Will the Canon work with the 5510.16?

I don't have access to both of these lenses to physically compare, but we find that the dimensions posted online do not typically represent the fully extended length. Measure the fully extended length from the camera body to the end of the lens. If it is longer than 3.5", then you will need the 5510.22 port body to accommodate it.

If it is 3.5" in it's widest setting, you could use it in the shorter 5510.16 port body and use it at a fixed focal length, giving up the option to zoom in.

Do keep in mind that over-extending a lens in too short of a port body will cause the end of the lens to hit the inside of the dome, resulting in both a lens error and some scratches on the inside of your dome which will almost certainly show up in photos!

Regards,

Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom