Portable Hyperbaric Chambers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Also, what is everybody's feelings about Portable Oxygen Concentrators ? I know they have been around to help people with respiratory problems for a little while, but I have been reading that a lot of athletes have been using them to train. Thoughts?

For those in the USA, the FD1 is not FDA approved, (oxygen is a drug, US Navy Table 6a is a medical treatment table), does not meet the US National Standard ASME PVHO-1, was designed to a safety factor of only 4:1, whereas non-metallic vessels under PVHO-1 require a minimum of 6:1. (That means that 3 prototypes all need to achieve an equivalent depth of 990 feet sea water (fsw), a lot to expect of a fabric chamber. Read the report previously referenced above in this thread, to see what actually happened when the Naval Experimental Diving Unit of the US Navy tested it back in 1999. Would you put a diver in a single occupant chamber to 165 fsw, where, if anything goes wrong at that depth, one can neither leave the diver in, nor take him/her out, without very serious life threatening consequences?

Attachments

• EEHS EVALUATION by NEDU & USN 5.99.pdf
    375.6 KB · Views: 535
Bump, cause I find the concept freakin' cool!

Michael

Back
Top Bottom