Portable inline filter for oxygen clean air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

I was wondering if anyone was aware of the existence of this type of stack already assembled. I suppose I could make my own, but was wonder what might already be out there for this purpose.

It would have the ability to be clamped onto a yoke whip like a yoke tank valve and then be able to fill a din valve on a tank. It would need to be portable for traveling for use at any diveshop. So basically an additional inline filer stack.

Thanks.

I don't believe it provides oxygen compatible air level of filtration. For example, I pass my filter output through a hyper-filtration system (NS Research/UltraFilter) to achieve levels of air suitable for PP Blending after my regular filter..

Maybe I am wrong....

Educate me.

I don't believe it provides oxygen compatible air level of filtration. For example, I pass my filter output through a hyper-filtration system (NS Research/UltraFilter) to achieve levels of air suitable for PP Blending after my regular filter..

Maybe I am wrong....

Educate me.

That uses the same filter cartridge as the MCH6 so you can put whatever you want in there for media.

What IS important to note is that this is a very small filter cartridge that is designed for less than 10cfm fill rates since it's sized for a 5cfm compressor. That means you actually have to take 10+mins to fill an AL80 in order for you to have enough dwell time for this filter to do anything productive. On a big set of doubles, that would be around half an hour per fill. Pay attention to that last sentence @divezonescuba because most shops won't fill that slow. If you're going to commercial fill stations, at least here, they should be able to provide a recent air analysis to give you warm fuzzies.

I am not sure that Coltri system would be suitable. It looks like I need to assemble my own.

Since the primary purpose would be for our shop use, with the travel capability just an additional benefit, I think it will be possible to control the flow rate.

I wonder if there is a chart somewhere with different cartridge and dwell times and the resulting expected air purity?

I am not sure that Coltri system would be suitable. It looks like I need to assemble my own.

Since the primary purpose would be for our shop use, with the travel capability just an additional benefit, I think it will be possible to control the flow rate.

I wonder if there is a chart somewhere with different cartridge and dwell times and the resulting expected air purity?

If it's for your own shop use, why don't you just add another filter to the main system? In terms of charts and dwell times, that will be the CFM rates of the filters and the compressors they're sized for.
General recommendations are somewhere around 10cfm but IME most shops fill between 20-50cfm. That's a BIG filter cartridge and not something you'll travel with...

What size compressor are we talking about?

Or is this banked air that you want to filter again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom