Porthole?? Or??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShawanoDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is something I found last summer that i think may be part of a porthole?? I kind of just passed by it and didn't think much of it until I was out of the water. Not sure if it was brass or not..
14853259_1270091759702482_2363208518014751643_o.jpg

14882192_1270091906369134_8876387000495315503_o.jpg

14882192_1270091906369134_8876387000495315503_o.jpg

Looks like a porthole but it could be the head can't tell the size.

guarantee you its a porthole. Take two wrenches one to loosen the bolts one to holf from turning. Keep the bolt and nuts. They are a good part for displaying when recovered. Watch who you tell the ship might be protected.

guarantee you its a porthole. Take two wrenches one to loosen the bolts one to holf from turning. Keep the bolt and nuts. They are a good part for displaying when recovered. Watch who you tell the ship might be protected.
Strange thing about it is there's nothing else around it. No other debris or anything whatsoever

It looks like someone else already did the hard part of removing it from the wreck and then lost it.
it's so shallow I doubt it came off a wreck. I thought maybe it came off some old boat when they were stripping it down and then towed the hull out somewhere and sank it.

Did you locate it in Green Bay or somewhere else? That's not the usual color of the lake water plus the lack of zebra mussels. Next time you run across it nab it. They are easily restored.

Did you locate it in Green Bay or somewhere else? That's not the usual color of the lake water plus the lack of zebra mussels. Next time you run across it nab it. They are easily restored.
It's actually in a river

The may have been so broken up or lost in a fire. It may have been tumbled down river from the original wreck site by the current. If it is from the ships head, they must have had a pretty deadly bean burrito night to require fittings like that....

Nice find. I hope you can locate it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom