Ports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjbikes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings good people...

I am currently using an RDX650 housing for a Canon T4i.

I will be upgrading to a Canon 7D shortly and be using the MDX housing.

My question is whether or not, will I be able to use the same ports that I'm using on the RDX housing, on the new MDX???

Unfortunately, I've written directly to Sea @ Sea with this question, but it's already been weeks and no answer, so I'm hoping that one of you learned colleagues will be able to answer this for me.

Thanks on all...

CJ

i would say yes, all the sea sea ports will fit on all the sea sea housing, i have the new nx fish eye port on a dxd70 housing

Eric...

Thank you ever so much for clearing that up for me...

CJ

Using NX ports on the RDX requires a NX port base (L) for RDX. I don't think RDX ports fit directly on MDX (NX type port). I looked for an RDX port to MDX housing adapter online and was unable to find one. You might ask on the Mfg. forum. Maybe check with Reef Photo, as they sell the products. You'll have to buy the MDX housing somewhere, and the dealer should be able to tell you.

I don't think the native rdx ports will fit on the MDX housing and I am pretty sure that there is no S&S adapter for going in that direction. You might try Bill Libecap to make one for you, or Saga might make one.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom