poseidon antifreeze cap how to use it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marmagi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I have seen the attached poseidon anti freeze cap !

how is it used? whre do you put it in the 1st stage? outside? inside? how?

does it work for the Xstream 1st stage?

Attachments

• poseidon-anti-freeze-cap.jpg
    poseidon-anti-freeze-cap.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 479
You fill it with vodka and then stretch it over the end of the first stage with the hex IP adjustment and fasten it with a very narrow zip tie. The alcohol is suppose to reduce the likelihood of a first stage freeze up. After a few dives the edge of the regulator body will probably bang up against something hard with the soft rubber cap in between them. That will cause a cut in the rubber cap and all the alcohol will leak out. Of course, you will not notice the problem, but you won't have a problem with freeze ups anyway. When you have the regulator serviced next year they will sell you a new rubber cup.

Seriously, of all the Poseidon regulators I have serviced with caps on them, I have never found one that had the vodka still in it. Of course, maybe the divers were just using it as a container for an after dive nip.

Back
Top Bottom