Poseidon Cyclon hose adapters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkndivebum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Can anyone point me at an adapter to be able to use "standard" LP regulator hoses
on a Poseidon Cyclon regulator? I was made a present of one and would like to use
a different length hose.

Failing that, can anyone point me at someone who will make a custom-length
hose for same?

I did a search on this forum but didn't find any relevant answers - apologies if I
missed it.

You mean the old metric thread to 3/8 thread?? We've got those... but they're proud of them. I think they're around $15 for the adapter - I'll have to check once I'm in the shop but I think somewhere close to that. Maybe because there are not a lot of them. Standard 7/16 to 3/8 adapters are about half that!

scubatoys:
You mean the old metric thread to 3/8 thread?? [...]

No - my first stage appears to be 3/8" threading. It's the 2nd stage end of the
hose that's "odd".

Oxycheq has a swivel that might work, but that does seem a bit silly for a
bungeed secondary.

Thanks!

Any OMS dealer will also be able to get them for you. No word on the price though.

rescuediver009:
Any OMS dealer will also be able to get them for you. No word on the price though.

Bob3:
Any Viking/Poseidon dealer can fix you up with different length hoses, as well as any "G1/8 x UNF" fittings needed. ($9 retail)

Both are excellent ideas. Many thanks!

There's an OMS dealer in Southern California I've done business with before.
I think I'll ask there first. Any pointers to a good Viking/Poseidon dealer?
There's nobody in Hawaii that I know of ...

You may have to convince the OMS dealer. Tell him to look in the price guide and that OMS does carry them. You may have to place an order.

You can check with Viking/Poseidon at: 1-800-344-4458 (eastern time).
They should be able to steer you to a dealer.
The aftermarket hoses are just a hair more expensive than factory assuming standard markup; otherwise any dive shop that stocks Global or maybe Trident accessories can fix you up.
Stock factory hoses come in 70cm, 90cm, 120cm, as well as 60", 84" and 108" lengths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom