• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Poseidon Discovery Mk VI

Discussion in 'Poseidon' started by reegtlaw, Apr 11, 2009.

1. reegtlaw

reegtlaw Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Does anyone have any more detail regarding this rebreather? How much it cost? Where I can get one? What Agency have class the teaches rebreather? I saw a video clip of this and for some odd reason I got very excited. I am a Master Scuba Diver and like the longer bottom time that this thing offer. I'm located in SoCal. Any information is appreciated.:D

2. Jorgen Nilsson

Jorgen Nilsson Dive Equipment Manufacturer

Dear Sir.

Thank you for your question about the MkVI Discovery rebreather.
    The price, in the US, will be around USD 6000 and you will be able to purchase the unit on-line or at a Poseidon Dealer in California.

Many of the major agencies are currently working on RB courses but at the moment, the one agency that you can turn to is RAID (RAID | Rebreather Association of International Divers)

For additional information about the MkVI rebreather, please contact our distributor in western USA:

Poseidon West
    Att. Chris
    P.O. Box 4904
    Westlake Village, CA. 91359
    Phone (805) 558-3764
    Fax (805) 498-9066
    E-mail info@poseidonwest.com

3. Indian Valley Scuba

Indian Valley Scuba Dive Shop

# of Dives:
    We've got the units in stock - come on out and try one!

4. Mike Ange

Mike Ange Captain

# of Dives:
    We are doing courses for divers and instructors now. Will have the next course in 2 weeks in the Tampa Florida area. If you would like to get certified drop me a PM and I will get back to you.

5. muddiver

muddiver Divemaster

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Scuba School of America in Montclair, CA now sells and trains for teh Posiedon Discovery rebreather.

6. Indian Valley Scuba

Indian Valley Scuba Dive Shop

# of Dives:
    Welcome aboard the Poseidon train, SSA! We just returned from a week of diving the units off Puerto Rico aboard the Nekton Rorqual.

Folks looking for training and equipment in the Northeast US need to look no further than Indian Valley Scuba.

7. reddiver970

reddiver970 PADI Pro

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    How much training, class, OW dives ect., are involved?

8. azchipka

azchipka Captain

# of Dives:
    Silent World in Key Largo FL has them as well, have training for them, also we have a rental unit for those people who would like to get trained on them before making a purchase of one. Drop me a PM for details.

9. H2O Photo Pros

H2O Photo Pros Instructor, Scuba

Rusty Berry of SSA Montclair is teaching the Poseidon class out here. Certification will be through SSI and ANDI (manuals being written now) at our facility.

I own SSA-OC (Irvine) and we are now selling the Poseidon Units and hosting classes with Rusty at our facility.

10. skdvr

skdvr Manta Ray

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    So what are these units going for and what does training cost and how much time involved in the course.

Thanks
    Phil