Poseidon jetstream

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rawls

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Do any of you use the Jetstream. If so how do you like it? About how much does it cost.

ooops

In case no one noticed, this is the rebreather forum. :shakehead

Just in case he is looking at Poseidon 1st stages for rebreathers - I use em' for my Megalodon. Probably overkill, but routes hoses better than most 1st stages and has built-in overpressure relief. The build quality is what one would expect from Poseidon.

X

Sorry everyone...I obviously clicked on the wrong forum.

rawls:
Do any of you use the Jetstream. If so how do you like it? About how much does it cost.

Hello,
Among my numerous reg sets are several Jetstreams, like anything, they have their 'pros' and 'cons'......... the cons are fairly high new retail prices, parts/service tend to cost more than average...... they're great performers IF you have access to an experienced Poseidon tech, who can tune/set them up properly........ this is NOT a reg you can just have serviced anywhere, by anybody, you MUST have an experienced Poseidon tech deal with them....OEM replacement hoses are expensive.
...'pros', they're a well proven 'tech' reg, with a long track record....... they work in any orientation ( upside down )....they're dry breathers....... they can be had used ( E-bay ) at substantial discounts..... ( I bought all mine there for half price, used ), although save a bit of $ to have them serviced if you go the used/E-bay route.
I also own/dive other high-performance regs ( Apexs XTX 200 / Atomic B1 / Mares Ruby, to name a few ) and honestly I'm just as happy with them, performance wise, as with the Jetstream....... so I'm not going to say the Jetstream is the 'best' of the bunch, as other companies have greatly improved their regs over the years since the Jetstream came out........ so overall I'd say, IF you have access to decent Poseidon techs in your area, and IF you are OK with a reg parts/service costs will be a bit higher than average, THEN the Jetstream will be a solid choice for you.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom