Poseidon keeps shutting down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abyss_scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a poseidon pfu135 a 3 stage 4500psi compressor. Lately it will run for about an hour max and then it will shut off after 15 minutes tops regardless of what the output pressure is. Oil was changed 3 months ago still clear as water and not low. Any ideas?

what has the ability to shut the motor off? Usually it's a pressure switch and sometimes an oil level switch. One of those sensors could be shot and as it gets hot while it's running it is giving false readings to shut it off.
It could also be a motor thermal switch

Not sure if this the best method but I put a gan across the block and another behind the block drawing heat out a window. Running continuously now. I'll look at the thermal switch when I get back from my trip. Thanks for the helpful advice Tbone.

Probably thermal switch. My Bauer Junior II decided to stop running properly, bypassed switch and now working properly (was never hot). A common Bauer problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom