Poseidon Mk6 Rebreather questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lemon

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions for the manufacturer:

1. Having tried the unit with multiple face masks I find it next to impossible to see the HUD as it is currently positioned. Is there a fix for this? Seems like an important issue.

2. An earlier post mentions being able to purchase the unit online. I am currently enrolled in a certification course and I am renting a unit for the course. After I am certified, where online would I have the option to buy direct?

Many thanks!

Dear lemon

My name is Jörgen Nilsson and I'm the quality manager of Poseidon Diving Systems in Sweden.

We are aware, that some divers, when using a mask wit a black "skirt", has a problem seeing the HUD. Unfortunatly, this is not something that we will be able to change quickly, as it's part of a rather complex chain of parts and functions.
I have heard of some divers, that has placed a small mirror/prisma on the OC/CC switch, wich allows them to see the blinking alarm signal from the hud even when they use a black mask.

I'm fully aware that this is not an optimal solution, but that's what's available untill we've found a more permanent solution.

When it comes to buying it on-line, I think that your best bet to purchas a Discovery, is to talk to the Dive center where you do your training or to contact the local Poseidon distributor in the country where you live.

Best regards

Jörgen Nilsson
Q

Hey Lemon,

It would be great if other Poseidon MK6 owners would post thier experiences of the unit on Scubaboard.

I have put around 50 hours on my MK6 and always use a Scubapro Scout mask with a black skirt and no problem seeing the HUD yet.

Generally the whole MK6 experience has been absolutely awesome, having used an Inspiration vision I was sceptical but what a simple unit to use, switch it on, understand it and just dive.... can't be any easier. Always carry a bailout - 3 litres of gas on the Dil doesn't last long..

It's well worth getting a self packer scrubber from TECME. You will save money and they are well designed and built.

There have been a few issues, nothing serious but just little things that I am sure Poseidon will up date soon.

The loop sleeves (thin black material) are coming apart - not a huge problem more cosmetic.

The Scrubber housing needs alot of cleaning, I have seen the aftermath of a scrubber being left in there salty and wet for a week so make sure it's clean and dry after each dive - not mine!!

The battery will not start the unit if just below 50%.... So keep the battery charged and in a learn cycle once a month. Otherwise you will get errors from Test 4 to 16 and it will drive you crazy.

The counterlungs do tend to sit a little low, I have seen modifications to this on RBW and will probably do the same to mine. I am sure somebody will have a solution to this soon, back mounted lungs would be ideal.

If you want a good solid reliable CCR then this is the one, hopefully soon they will release the Deco software for it.

Hope the idea for the mask helps.

I own a Dive shop in St.martin FWI and we are now Poesidon and CCR friendly, so if you want an awesome bubble free vacation, check us out.
http://www.octopusdiving.com

Teamoctopus

I'm ordering my Mk6 soon and definitely appreciate the input. Really looking forward to diving the unit! Planning a trip to Socorros in January so hope to get up to speed on it with local dives by then!

Hey Lemon,

Any advice or help you need please email me.

One thing you will need that I am designing is a way to get rid of the cam bands around the GPU they are annoying and ugly, I will have the modification in a fe weeks and will also be selling it.

In November 2010 I will be doing the IANTD CCR MOD1 Instructor Course on the unit so if you have any Friends that need training please let me know as we do a fully inclusive package for around $7000 - this includes Dive Rite EXP wing, Dive Rite Hogarthian harness, Aluminum Backplate, MK6 unit, flights, accomodation, certfication fee's, lime, gas and even 32% bail out rental.

Price varies on spec so please let me know.

Again if i can help with anything just let me know.

Teamoctopus

http://www.octopusdiving.com

Hi Teamoctopus,

Which EXP wing are using with your Mk6?

Cheers,
Lemon

Hey lemon,

Sorry for the late reply - been very busy in St. Martin - Hurricanes suck!

Anyway, the wing I use is the Dive Rite Voyager EXP with 40lbs of lift.

This is perfect even with an 80 CUFT tank as a bail out, but I dive in 90 degree water with a 5mm suit (yeah I know I am a big girl!!) with 9 lbs of lead I am perfectly weighted. With a left hand BO this is configured from right to left 3 2 2 2. 3lbs on the right balances the 80 and you don't even notice it.

I use a Hogarthian harness and an aluminum Backplate but will try tomorrow using a 5lb SS backplate to shift some weight from my waist weighbelt.
I seem to be feet heavy which hurts my back after a 90 minute dive.

I did buy the comfy shoulder pads for the Hogarth harness which are super comfy.

The rig is easy to don with a Hogarthian Rig.

I have also read that Dive system do a harness and wing that are perfect if you want to have back mounted lungs..... I will try this soon - pimp my MK6.

Hope this helps and any questions please email me http://www.octopusdiving.com or hit me up on Scubaboard.

Thanks

Teamoctopus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom