• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

poseidon regulator

Discussion in 'Poseidon' started by n3rdftw, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Kazeone

Kazeone Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Hello, I was wondering how you determined the year based in the serial number. I am trying to do the same and having difficulty. Thanks

2. n3rdftw

n3rdftw NAUI Instructor

Hmm, I unfortunately totally forget. Some modern google searching is failing me too. If I had to guess, I found a similar item listed on ebay/scubaboard with the actual date purchased but with a serial number very close to mine.

If all else fails, I bet poseidon might tell you if you asked!

3. Bigbella

Bigbella Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    They are the first two numbers, which denote the year, at least on some of the more recent second stage bodies; so too, on the first stages. The photos below illustrate both a serial number of a 2010 first and second stage.

"200001 or 1200001 serial number, six or seven digit, [after the model number] denotes year of manufacture. 2 = 2002 ; 12 = 2012,"

-- from the Poseidon service manuals . . .

Attached Files:

4. Protondecay123

Protondecay123 Barracuda

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    Scubatoys in Carrollton, Oceanic Adventures in Houston, Sea Sports Scuba in Cypress are service centers not too far away. Poseidon is offering a class in Houston on June 22 if you want to learn to service them yourself. Maybe @Tbone0608 or someone else will correct me, but it looks like you have a relief valve on your first stage so not necessary to run a hose to your second with one. Poseidon for Rec diving? Heck yeah! They are all I use.

5. Bigbella

Bigbella Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    There is an OPV in that first stage; so a conventional hose could indeed be used . . .

6. Kazeone

Kazeone Angel Fish

Cool. Thanks

7. Kazeone

Kazeone Angel Fish

So this one is 2009? Thanks

Attached Files: