Poseidon Xstream Valve Seat Safety Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aquanomad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Bought the tools and kits to repair my Xstreams. I have some of the older straights 1sts, a 90 Dive without the build in OPV, and a few newer 90s with the OPV built in. Few questions. maybe Tbone can help.

Firstly the OPV appears to be a blind screw with a spring and the "disc" permanently fixed in place. I disassembled it and ran it through the USC. Slapped on the new parts kit. Adjusted it to 124psi IP. And holds like a champ. Shouldnt the formed OPV disc come out?

My parts kit came with a little rubber disc. The valve seat safety valve. None ofmy 1st stages had that when disassembling. Iv rebuilt 2 1sts now without that part and they seem to be fine. Downloaded the service manual from Frog kick and didnt see anything about that part in there however its an older manual and doesnt cover the latest version with the built in OPV which seems to otherwise be the same.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thansk

Attachments

• 20181016_094920.jpg
    20181016_094920.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 83
On those XStream 1sts with the OPV in the base of the reg body, the OPV is the same configuration as in the 3960 previous generation:
1) a green seat (3726) fitted tightly to
2) a metal "valve piston" (3725), on top of
3) a pressure spring (1180), held by
4) the locking screw (3727)

The seat can be removed from the valve piston with a sharp pick and discarded. The green seat is pressed into place without cement.
20181016_183118.jpg

In those XStreams without an OPV in the reg body, the overpressure relief is in the 2nd stage end of the LP hose. So for those 1sts, you'll have one green part left over from the service kit.

Gotcha. So green seat on top of the spring and then locking screw. I put an opv on my 1st that dont have it built in so I can use standard hoses. Thanks for the help!

Disassembled another newer mk3 today and no green seat on that one either. Maybe an upgrade part from when mine were manufactured? What orientation is the seat suppose to be in. One side has a divot and one does not.

Attachments

• 20181017_115822.jpg
    20181017_115822.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 20181017_115828.jpg
    20181017_115828.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 73
The cup is toward the inside of the regulator body. That's the sealing side. The flat face sits in the valve piston, on top of the spring.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom