Possibilities of a DIR-F??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Ken, I agree!

I too was a little frustrated, Wishing more people would show up and the club would really take off. Since I've thought it over, here's what I've come up with.

"The LED Club" can be different things to different people.

I didn't want this club to be like the Wreck Valley club. Where you have to dive with a full member to be a full member. If we all have to dive together, aren't we being like that??

I think there will be some that are active and show up for most events. There will be those that show up once in a while, And there will be those that we rarely see. BUT, as the club grows there will be more divers in each of these categories and we'll all meet new freinds and dive buddies. More will show up at our events.

So.......for the time being we're just experiencing some growing pains :11: .

It'll change!! :D probably in ways that none of us expect.

Anyone interested in a good priced manual CCR RB should check out the KISS Sport...full package with wing and BP for under $5K. I was doing a Dolphin CCR conversion, but got tired of trying to get parts together. I'll be placing my order within the next few weeks!

http://www.jetsam.ca/

tlessard:
Anyone interested in a good priced manual CCR RB should check out the KISS Sport...full package with wing and BP for under $5K. I was doing a Dolphin CCR conversion, but got tired of trying to get parts together. I'll be placing my order within the next few weeks!

http://www.jetsam.ca/

you just didn't read this thread did you.

CCR's have claimed the lives of brilliant Nobel prize winners, experienced scientific divers, and rebreather instructors. No one is immune to the risk. A CCR can kill you in a matter of minutes. People have died while using the most sophisticated rebreathers in existence which have multiple computers, warning lights, audible alarms, etc. Hundreds more people have died using the simplest rebreather in existence, a plastic bag tied over their head. It is more difficult to kill yourself with the plastic bag.

Sobering thought, 'eh?

That was meant for the folks on this thread who are interested in diving CCR and were worried about price...not the DIR whiners...

-T

tlessard:
That was meant for the folks on this thread who are interested in diving CCR and were worried about price...not the DIR whiners...

-T

With due respect to both sides, Derek was orginally interested in trying to get some buddies together for a DIRf course, which is not a bad idea. This thread should not turn into a debate for the CCR/ non CCR crowd. There are many other forums for that debate on SB. There are many more forums for DIR/ non-DIR stuff on ScubaBoard as well. If people wish to discuss it, they may want to move it to a more general audience on the board.

Let's let this horse die in peace, not beat it until CPR revives it and then kill it again. Again, that stuff happens elsewhere on the board as it is. We don't need it in our more friendly forums to discuss local diving issues.

Now, anyone interested in Eric's new discovered schooner? :)

My post was a recommendation for Gordon and his KISS CCR systems for those on this thread that were interested...I'm not debating CCR/OC DIR. Both have their place...and both are valid ways to dive and enjoy our sport. CCR is decidedly more dangerous, and without proper training and skill building, is an easy way to get yourself killed. That said, if you are interested, there's the link to a manual CCR RB...which is about as close to a DIR CCR RB as you can get (oxymoron you say? - go
check Halcyons website DIR Nazi's...they've jumped on the RB bandwagon too). Not hijacking the thread...just giving info to those who might be interested in RBs and posted as such on this thread.

-T

Hey tlessard,

I like the new Avatar, looks good. :D

Thanks Irish! My wife took that pic in Coz in April '05 on the Felipe Xicotencatl wreck near Chaukanaub...lots of fun!!!

-T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom