Possibly in Pompano area 1/17/10, anyone diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cgvmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have to drive my son down to Pompano Beach (from NJ) on Friday, 1/15/10 and will be flying home on Mon 1/18/10, so I was hoping to get a little diving in on Sunday 01/17/10.

Is anyone planning to go out? I'm up for shore dives, or boat.

I usually do shore dives in Pompano on Sunday. Hopefully that Sunday will not be any different. We can talk later in the week when we have a better idea of what the conditions will be like.

Greg

+1 on the weather. Cvgmer what kind of diving are you interested in doing? The pompano area has some great shallow wrecks and reefs. Will you need gear / tanks / etc. We can help stear you in the right direction with a litte more information. Also, you mentioned diving on Sunday and flying on Monday, that will have to be considered when choosing the dives.

Terri

I would have my own equipment other than tanks, I have dove Pompano/FLL many times as my mom lives in Pompano. I am pretty flexible about what dives I do, as long as I get wet.

I'm out of town that weekend but will be available Friday. What time do you expect to be here? And +2 on depends on the weather.

I definitely understand all plans are pending the weather.
I agree I need to keep an eye on my no-fly time.

I don't expect to be in Pompano until late Sat afternoon or early evening. One concern is getting down early enough sat to rent some tanks if I do shore dives on Sunday.

My preference would be to do some shallow dives Sunday morning/early afternoon.

I definitely understand all plans are pending the weather.
I agree I need to keep an eye on my no-fly time.

I don't expect to be in Pompano until late Sat afternoon or early evening. One concern is getting down early enough sat to rent some tanks if I do shore dives on Sunday.

My preference would be to do some shallow dives Sunday morning/early afternoon.

Most shops open at 7 on Saturday, winter hours 8 the latest. No worries about tanks unless you plan on getting in the water before then.

Water temps yesterday of the beach were in the high 60's, hopefully it won't cool off too much more.

What is the local forecast for this Sunday? Any possibility of a dive? Maybe Sat night ?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom