Post Apocalyptic Coz Roll Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The last time i was down there in February i made it from plane to ADO bus in 10 minutes. I think i literally stood out there at the taxi stand for two minutes just stunned and not knowing what to do. Hopefully tomorrow goes just as smoothly.

I'm going to bet you didn't check a bag.

I'm going to bet you didn't check a bag.

Hells no.

Time from deplane to ferry will vary and there's little you can do to predict or change them so you should not plan for optimal speed without a backup plan. There could be a long line at immigration, or the baggage could be held up, or you could be picked for full inspection, or there could be traffic on the highway.

Just imagine you are on a drift dive. Chill and let the current carry you.

My flight is scheduled to land at 11:15 on . If I don't make the 1:00 pm ferry, then we are waiting until 5:00 pm for the next one.

I might not mind, but the wife may not be excited about it.

My flight is scheduled to land at 11:15 on . If I don't make the 1:00 pm ferry, then we are waiting until 5:00 pm for the next one.

Take a private shuttle for sure, not ADO as that adds another 20 minutes. Normally, you can walk up to ferry kiosk at last minute and get a ticket and get on but right now ferries are sometimes reaching capacity and it's best to get there early and get in line. If you can't make it, then go to a restaurant and have a long lunch with drinks. If you want to walk the town and go shopping you can store baggage in the ADO station. There's really not much you can do to change the outcome so temper her expectations now.

Take a private shuttle for sure, not ADO as that adds another 20 minutes. Normally, you can walk up to ferry kiosk at last minute and get a ticket and get on but right now ferries are sometimes reaching capacity and it's best to get there early and get in line. If you can't make it, then go to a restaurant and have a long lunch with drinks. If you want to walk the town and go shopping you can store baggage in the ADO station. There's really not much you can do to change the outcome so temper her expectations now.

My wife won't take the ADO due to covid-19, so the car was a go to begin with. I'm going to fill out our forms online. I think what it will hinge on is if our flight gets in before the AA flight. They are scheduled to land before us, but Delta beat them the last two days. I wish the flights between CUN and CZM were up and running, but I am just going to have to roll with what comes our way.

You have a chance with a private shuttle if your plane arrives at a clear time. As Reefhound mentioned, there are many things that can hinder you, but you might get lucky.

On the other hand, you might get to take your wife shopping on 5th Ave.

My wife won't take the ADO due to covid-19, so the car was a go to begin with. I'm going to fill out our forms online. I think what it will hinge on is if our flight gets in before the AA flight. They are scheduled to land before us, but Delta beat them the last two days. I wish the flights between CUN and CZM were up and running, but I am just going to have to roll with what comes our way.

Do all you can do to minimize delays on your part. Filling out forms online may help. I once came in on a flight that didn't have forms onboard so people had to stop at a counter and fill them out before getting into line. We skipped ahead of dozens of people since we had ours printed and ready. Take care of any restroom business on the plane or save until the ferry, if possible. See if you can move up seat rows so you can be behind fewer people. When you get dropped off by the shuttle you'll have to walk downhill several hundred yards to the ferry. Easiest is to pay a trike guy to haul your bags but if possible it would be faster to just pull them yourself and walk quickly. Consider getting the ferry tickets in advance to avoid stopping at a kiosk. It could end up you make it easily or you have no chance but it could also be a case of minutes matter.

Back
Top Bottom