Post Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mm777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've seen checklists for pre-dive preparation but as a newbie I didn't receive much info on what to do after last dive of the day (other than enter dive in my logbook).

It would be helpful to know the basics of how to get everything in order and ready for my next trip. Especially since I now have all my own gear. Any tips will be appreciated.

Umm
Fill tank ?
Dry Wetsuit
Store gear ready for next day.

Cant really think of anything else, on multi dive days, I dont bother washing my kit till the last day. Its just going to get salty again.

Cheers
Chris

Clean or rinse all your gears thoroughly...

mm777:
I've seen checklists for pre-dive preparation but as a newbie I didn't receive much info on what to do after last dive of the day (other than enter dive in my logbook).

It would be helpful to know the basics of how to get everything in order and ready for my next trip. Especially since I now have all my own gear. Any tips will be appreciated.

I log on my PC at home but make it a point to capture the important num,bers and new buddy names and contact info after the dive.

Thank your buddy for a good dive.

Hopefully enjoy some apres dive chow.

Rinse and stow gear to dry. There are some recent (4 moinths) thread of gear rinsing rituals that are worth reading.

Get fills or return rental cylinders.

Having an organized dive gear locker is key to keeping organized and packing accurately. An area with a hanging rod, bench and drying fixtures is helpful. It makes it easy to see that you have taken everything.

Pete

Make certain to remember (most helpful to leave a note) to have any malfunctioning gear checked and repaired ASAP. If you "leave it" for "when it's convenient" you might forget it's broken until the next time you start prepping for a dive.

I do most of my diving solo and check my gear thoroughly. However, a week ago during a dive with Spectrum he indicated that two pieces of gear seemed to be leaking. I checked them at home and he was correct; the SPG had a very tiny and slow (noticable only under the correct circumstances) bubble leak and the wing (a very old one) seemed to be slowly leaking as well. The SPG was repaired that week and I ordered a new wing. Of course, while I await arrival of the new wing, that did not stop me from using the leaky wing this weekend but that's another story ..... :wink:

1. Thank your buddy
2. Remember you are still "diving" for several hours after a dive.
3. Enjoy some time shooting the breeze with your buddy and reliving the dive while watching each other for any signs of DCS.
4. Thourghly rinse the gear. Be sure to have the 1st stage connected to high pressure air (the tank) with the air on when you immerse it.
5. Hang the gear out to dry and inspect it well for any maintence issues.
6. Start planning the next dive.

I find myself spending more time rinsing, drying, and storing my gear than I did diving. All part of the ritual.

Like mentioned above. There are a lot of good threads on how to rinse, clean, dry, and store your gear. May take hours to get through them all, but worth it.

As a side note, and something I don't remember reading in any of the forums. I wouldn't suggest storing your equipment in a garage or carport where you park your cars (Yeah, some people use these exclusively for storage). I've heard all the stuff that comes out of car exhaust isn't great for all of the neoprene, rubber, silicone, etc in our gear...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom