Post travel ban restriction to Cozumel

What are your plans when the travel ban lifts?

• First flight

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • First week

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • First month

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 2-4 months

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Late fall

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Shelter in place until hell freezes over

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hard to say. We had a group of about 20 who were going to be at Scuba Club for a two week period in late March / early April. Once the travel ban is lifted there is going to be a surge, which may affect availability of space at some of the resorts. I think our best best is probably to re-book for next March. If things open up in the next month, which I highly doubt, then fall may be an option as well.

Divegoose

If I have the antibodies then I will have less concern.
Except, recent news says antibodies doesn't mean you can't get it again, which kills the vaccine hope I think. It just seems inevitable.

Amazing is right! We'll keep our eyes open :)
Except Jet Blue is going under, planes repossessed, so you wouldn't want to do that. The next cheapest is American with a change in Phoenix. Not really a viable idea.
upload_2020-4-27_11-7-45.png

As soon as everyone goes back out, it is going to surge
I'm watching Georgia state for that now.

Except, recent news says antibodies doesn't mean you can't get it again, which kills the vaccine hope I think. It just seems inevitable.
Are you referring to this? WHO says no evidence of Covid-19 immunity from antibodies - CNN
Because that's not saying there's no immunity, just that we don't yet know.

Except Jet Blue is going under, planes repossessed, so you wouldn't want to do that.
Where did you hear that?

I don't think that travel is going to look the same as it did before corona. Once the government eventually lifts the restrictions on international travel, I think it will be with really strict social distancing. Expect that aircraft will be required to fly at limited load capacity. No food or beverage services. Social distancing in airports. Much more disinfecting... A recent study from China shows the virus may be spread through air conditioning systems, so now sure what they will do about that, if it bears out. I expect air fares will be costly and travel will again become a luxury for the very wealthy.

So will people make the decisions based on when the Govmt says it is time to get the economy going or will they wait until there is a vaccine or better treatments available?

It's the same dilemma as when to go into crowded places like concerts and sporting events.

If I have the antibodies then I will have less concern.

If no antibodies, no vaccine, and no treatment protocols than I am not sure how and when I will return to large public spaces.

I know, it's early to say anything, but there have been many relapses.
I haven't heard about "relapses," per se; rather, I've heard that people who have recovered from symptoms sometimes continue to test positive, which may be due to the test picking up "remnants" of the virus: Recovered coronavirus patients are testing positive again. Can you get reinfected? - CNN

If you have a link with different information, please share it.

What if we need to accept that life with COVID-19 will be like life with polio pre polio vaccine, except with older people at more risk rather than younger people? You make plans but always with contingencies.

Reactions: BRT
..... I expect air fares will be costly and travel will again become a luxury for the very wealthy.

I agree. I think ultimately, this is inevitable, for numerous reasons. Another concern for future travelers, is the possibility (if not likelihood) of more viral flare-ups, and how quickly governments and corporations can shut things down again, leaving people stranded far from home, or holding tickets and reservations they don't get to use, and are faced with the disappointment and headache of dealing with refunds, rescheduling, travel insurance claims, etc.etc.etc.
Until all this firmly settles down, which very plausibly may never happen, I suspect a lot of people are going to be reluctant to invest in expensive, overseas trips, opting instead for vacations they can simply drive to (which has the added benefit of minimizing their lengthy exposure and proximity to large groups of strangers on an airliner or cruise ship).

It's not an option, but my plans are "Shelter in place until there's a vaccine available." I think that's supposed to be this winter. Traveling before a vaccine will be foolish IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom