Post travel ban restriction to Cozumel

What are your plans when the travel ban lifts?

• First flight

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • First week

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • First month

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 2-4 months

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Late fall

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • Shelter in place until hell freezes over

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are booked for last week of NOV.

We will be implementing C19 precautions with our regulators. No community rinse tank or boutique cleaning of regs. They will come back to the condo with us and cleaned by us.

It's not an option, but my plans are "Shelter in place until there's a vaccine available." I think that's supposed to be this winter. Traveling before a vaccine will be foolish IMO.
I think you're dreaming to think a vaccine will be ready by then, if ever.

The governor of the great state of Texas has announced lifting stay-home orders effective this Friday with occupancy of businesses at 25% of capacity. I see that an experiment to see how much business picks up compared to how much fatalities increase and can he get away with it. I am not volunteering.

I think you're dreaming to think a vaccine will be ready by then, if ever.

The governor of the great state of Texas has announced lifting stay-home orders effective this Friday with occupancy of businesses at 25% of capacity. I see that an experiment to see how much business picks up compared to how much fatalities increase and can he get away with it. I am not volunteering.
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. When the Virus had only really begun spreading outside of China (late January) the science types were talking about a vaccine by the end of 2020. I'm hoping they could pull it off. Doesn't really cost me anything if I'm disappointed.

Until a vaccine, no matter how well a state / country controls the virus, when people start to travel, cruise.... it will spread.

NYC is claiming upto 20% of the city has tested positive for C19 and no longer is infected via antibody test. That is significantly more than has been confirmed positive.

The population of US is around 330M. It will take some time to make that many dosages of vaccine especially. Now think of world population and who is the leader invaccine manufacture.

So I don't see myself being vacinated anytime soon. Just need to practice social distancing wherever possible.

It's not an option, but my plans are "Shelter in place until there's a vaccine available." I think that's supposed to be this winter. Traveling before a vaccine will be foolish IMO.
From what I have been hearing, a vaccine by this winter is unlikely. The earliest prediction I have seen is Q2 2021 with most others showing later and some much later.

I didn't cast a vote because I do not have an effing clue. Without universal or nearly so testing with contact tracing, and in the absence of an effective vaccine, I don't see us ever getting the upper hand on this thing. IMO the "strategy" of waiting until cases start to decline and then relaxing distancing and staying home requirements is doomed to repeated failures.

I didn't cast a vote because I do not have an effing clue. Without universal or nearly so testing with contact tracing, and in the absence of an effective vaccine, I don't see us ever getting the upper hand on this thing. IMO the "strategy" of waiting until cases start to decline and then relaxing distancing and staying home requirements is doomed to repeated failures.

The more time that passes, the more likely I think it becomes that your predicted scenario unfolds. I probably don't need to elaborate, but if I do, I won't. No desire to be "moderated" ...... again.

I'm still planning on going June 7. I bet it will all be open then

I dd talk to sun country the other day.... they are sociually distancing on the plane and NOT serving any snacks / drinks. Noone assigned to middle seats

I wish I could use up a portion of my remaining 4 weeks’ vacation by the end of September (when they will expire) with a trip to Coz, but EVEN IF my country opens up I’m just not sure how far along Coz will be on the curve. Maybe they won’t be ready for us yet. As it stands it looks like I’ll “waste” all my vacation days at home. But in the grand scheme of things, it’s really nothing to complain about. I should be grateful to even have vacation days, which means I still have a job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom