Post your Boast! (Pics of your catch)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice fish up in the keys...just like what we have over here. But can someone please tell me how to post my pics and stuff.

It could be a baby Cubera, Smallest I ever shot was about 40 pounds, biggest 68 pounds.
Been down to the Keys at least 30 times since the late 60's... You should of seen the water then. Looks like mud now. My favorite place to shoot big fish in the Keys is in the Rebbeca Shoal area. About 60 miles from Key West. I dock my boat at Key West then we make the 2 hour run down there and get back to Key West about 9:30 P.M. We then sell our fish take a shower and then Hit Sloppy Joes about midnight and stay till they throw us out. We do this 7 days in a row. I have about 25 mounds there in about 80 feet of water that are from a 100 feet wide to over 500 feet and come within 15 feet of the surface. Lots of true black up to 50 pounds and wall to wall mutton. I have over a 1,000 different dive sites from Key West to Crystal Rive and they have to be my favorite dive sites. Best thing is I do not see another boat all day.

Care to divulge some GPS coordinates so I can validate these claims? :D

Hey, this is Wayne and here's a few trophies taken off my own boat in the waters off Elliott Key in 80-130 feet.

Attachments

• 45#Grouper.C.01.19.08.jpg
    45#Grouper.C.01.19.08.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 150
  • Giant Hog.1.jpg
    Giant Hog.1.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 120
  • mutton.11.04.07.1.jpg
    mutton.11.04.07.1.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 119
Care to divulge some GPS coordinates so I can validate these claims? :D

All Loran. NO GPS when I hit these spots. Thinking of taking our Charter boat down there this winter so my wife can dive them. It is about a 60 mile run from Key West to there. Most of the time we ran back in the Dark with just loran C. No chart plotters then. Had to know your stuff.

Pretty cool when you are in 80 feet of water and all of sudden the bottom is only 15 feet below you and you see sharks and other cool fish swimming right below your boat.

Back
Top Bottom